Severe Auto Damage Repair in Asheville, NC
Several factors can lead to vehicle damage, and most drivers will need repairs at one point or another. Depending on the damage, the repair process will vary greatly. With different forms of common auto body damage, drivers need to be informed of the causes of severe auto damage and their repairs.
What Causes Common Auto Body Damage?
There are several causes of auto body damage. Many of us immediately think of car accidents as the main culprit of auto body shop visits, but there are plenty of reasons a car might need repairing.
- Weather Damage: Your car’s exterior is vulnerable to the elements during every season. During hot and sunny months, your paint can become faded and worn, and your tires can be dried out and cracked. In the winter, road salt can corrode your vehicle’s exterior, and frequent temperature changes can cause a crack in the windshield.
Heavy winds and hail in fall and spring can leave extensive dents and chipped paint. To avoid damage, try to park undercover as frequently as possible and use a cover during harsh storms.
- Lack of Maintenance: Routine maintenance can feel like a burden, but it’s an important part of owning a vehicle. A car’s steering and brakes can fail, tires can blow out, and engines can be damaged without proper care.
Negligence not only leads to damage to your car, but it can pose a huge threat to yourself, your passengers, and other drivers. Make sure you address all warning lights and have your car serviced about once a year.
- Major Collisions: Car accidents can cause severe damage, including the windshield shattering, the engine failing, entire panels to be destroyed, and leave the steering inoperable.
Always contact a reputable towing service after a major collision to safely relocate your vehicle to an auto body repair shop.
- Minor Fender Benders: Fender Benders can cause many problems and often ones that are invisible to an untrained eye.
Make you visit an auto body shop even after a small bump to check for damage to the frame, engine, steering, windshield, or any other hidden parts.
- Miscellaneous Factors: Numerous random happenings can cause damage to your car. For example, a deer in the headlights, a pothole, a faulty parking brake, or dents that can range from tiny bumps to massive craters can all cause issues in western North Carolina.
Though there are ways to prevent car damage, some things will often be out of your control; however, you must understand the necessary steps to take after incurring damage.
A Trusted Repair Shop for Common Auto Body Damage
First Aid Collision is an experienced full-service auto body repair shop that has served Asheville and Western North Carolina for many years. Our expert technicians can address all forms of common auto body damage and provide a free estimate on all repairs.
If your vehicle has suffered damage, contact us today, and let us show you how we can make your vehicle look brand new again.